Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Trail Angels

Day 51 Friday April 19
Miles Hiked: 14.5
Total miles: 857.5
Number of hikers we saw: 3

We got up at 5:00 so we could leave our stealth camp unnoticed. Stealth camping might be illegal but there were no signs prohibiting camping so we thought we could play dumb and get away with it.

We hiked quickly so we could get to town as Lily had an appointment to get groomed.

We got names and numbers of trail angels that shuttle hikers into Waynesboro from Rockfjsh Gap. We got lucky as the first couple we called said they could pick us up.

We had an ice cream bar and shared a coke at King's Kettle Corn trailer while we waited for Tom. He picked us up and drive us to town. We stopped at Rockfish Gap Outfitters for a few supplies. Then it was off to All About Dogs where Trail Angel John clipped, bathed, blow dried and just plain pampered our Lily girl.




She left a good donation. This isn't even all of it.



We are camped in the city park. Showers were free at the YMCA. Krogers is just down the road so our resupply is done. We are tucked in for the night hoping it doesn't rain much more.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Steve Koeppen said...

Starting at Rockfish Gap, you'll be hiking on PATC maintained trail for the next 240 miles. We also maintain the shelters and numerous side trails. Let us know how we're doing. Hope to see you guys soon!

meli B said...

Hi Lynn I am sorry to say I havent been following you on your incredible journey. I can't believe what you have done! I can see I will have to get a whole lot of reading done if I am ever to catch up. Would love to know how your feet are fairing. The dogs mut be in puppy heaven though. What a treat.

Post a Comment