Miles hiked: 24.7
Total miles: 530.6
Number of hikers we saw: 17
We woke to a clear sky and frozen boots. We hit the trail at 6:50. The sunrise and it was a beautiful day all day. The miles came fast and easy.
We met a mom and her 9 year old son, Hat Trick section hiking for spring break. What a lucky kid!
We passed Comers Creek Falls. Lucy, your uncle must feel privileged to have a waterfall named after him.

We had a great hike into the Partnership Shelter at the Mt Rogers NRA Visitor Center. We called and had pizzas delivered this is the real life!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
5 comments:
I never thought of pizza as trail food but it seems to be on your menu regularly. Now if you could only get it delivered to the shelter on a cold rainy night!
I can't believe you remembered my uncle's name. I will be sure to share this with him.
Glad you got a sunny day.
You're making good time despite some of the not-so-great weather you've had. Another 326.7 miles and you'll be in PATC (www.patc.net) trail maintenance territory from Rockfish Gap, VA to Pine Grove Furnace, PA, a distance of 240 miles. The halfway point marker is close to PGF, where the AT Museum is located. We're looking forward to seeing and hiking with you guys in some of the WV-MD-PA sections.
I'm so happy you're having some better weather. I would gladly take some terrible weather here in exchange for nice weather where you are. When I read your trip reports, I almost wish I could go hike a section of the AT.
I agree with Steve on the previous post about trail names for you and the dogs.
Post a Comment