Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Into Harpers Ferry

Day 60 Sunday April 28
Miles hiked: 9.6
Total miles: 1019.3
Number of hikers we saw: 2 section hikers

We slept in until 6:00 and were on the trail at 7:05. We said goodbye to our new friends from Washington DC. We may have a chance to see them again in Maine.

We rolled to Harpers Ferry. We crossed the Shenandoah River into town.






Mike's cousin Steve was there waiting as we hit the last several blocks to the AT Center.

It was really exciting to get our pictures taken there.







Here we are in the official 2013 book. We went from being 107 and 108 at Mountain Crossings to 18 and 19 here.

We got new shoes at the outfitter there, I had a latte and we enjoyed some of the historic sites like Jefferson Rock.








Here is Mike at John Brown's Fort.



We are enjoying a relaxing time at Mike's cousins' beautiful home in Maryland. We're taking a zero here tomorrow!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I knew you were passing almost everybody who started before you. I am surprised there are that many ahead of you. I love the photos. You guys are skinny, you look good. I am amazed to see Sara standing rather than flat out on the ground.

Post a Comment