Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Into Town

Day 37 Friday April 5
Miles hiked: 4.8
Total miles: 580.0

It rained most of the night but we were snug on our tent in the shelter. Yes we set up our tent inside the shelter. We wanted to be bomb proof.

We started hiking with J Net at about 8:30. We had planned to hike 12 miles to the next highway. JNet's trail angel husband braved the unplowed gravel road and met us at Laurel Creek. They graciously drove us into Bland, VA where we got a motel room. They even gave us some food resupply. What truly awesome people.

We are busy drying things, planning and relaxing! Especially. The dogs!!





Bubba will shuttle us back to the trail tomorrow.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Steve Koeppen said...

You guys all deserve a break! Especially the dogs - they look like they're having it rough. :-D

Mary Ann and Ralph said...

Holy crap! The weather gods are being evil. I don't know about Mike, Sara and Lily, but I think Lynn's trail name should be Sunshine (as in Little Mary Sunshine) for posting mostly happy reports while being slammed by bad weather day after day. Lynn, Mike, Sara and Lily are my new hiking heroes! We just did our 4-mile Mt. Sentinel hike and I'm trying to decide if I have enough energy to head up the Rattlesnake to look for steers-head flowers. What a wuss!

Post a Comment