Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Into Pearisburg.

Day 39 Sunday April 7
Miles hiked: 25.4
Total miles: 630.8
Number of hikers we saw: 15 day hikers

We left camp at 6:45. The first part of our hike was up a creek drainage. There was lots of water. The trail was a creek at times.

We saw a skunk today! Luckily we saw it before the dogs did. That could have been a real disaster!

We did a lot of climbing today and the miles came slowly.
We had a great view of the valleys below.




We could see the New River.



We were excited to get our new shoes when we got to the motel.



I'm throwing my old boots away. They gave me a new blister the last day I wore them.



We are staying at the Holiday Motor Lodge. The dogs are all sacked out for the night. We are resupplied and ready for a new day.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Lori said...

I bet new shoes will feel terrific! I'm enjoying your travels via the blog.

Unknown said...

Keep an eye out for Ingles' Ferry as you "Follow the River"

Post a Comment