Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Out of Pearisburg

Day 40 Monday April 8
Miles hiked: 20.0
Total miles: 650.1

Number of hikers we saw: 6
3 new thru hikers
3 section hikers

We left town this morning and crossed the New River. We passed the Celanese Factory and headed up the hill.

Once we were up it was a nice ridge walk for most of the day. We had some nice views of the country around us.



It got almost hot today. We did well with our new shoes.



Tonight we are camped at the Pine Swamp Branch Shelter.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Unknown said...

NOW that looks like good hiking weather; you all deserve a break.

Holy cow, 650 miles is amazing!!! I agree that you two and team A are hiking heroes.

Sleep well Sunshine and crew.

Mary Ann and Ralph said...

I truly hope you have a long stretch of sunny (but not too hot!) days. I'll take all the crappy weather out this way if it means good days on your trail. Not that the weather gods ever check with me, but here's hoping!

Steve Koeppen said...

Hurray for Spring! Keep an eye on the dogs for ticks though. They come out in droves this time of the year.

Mary Ann and Ralph said...

I hate when people forward bogus e-mail warnings, but this one is real. If a guy in a uniform stops you on the trail and says he is checking everyone for ticks due to the warm weather and asks you to take off your clothes and turn around several times with your arms up, don't do it. This is a scam. He only wants to see you naked. I wish someone had told me this before I hiked up Mt. Sentinel on Sunday. I feel so stupid now.

Post a Comment