Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Zero Day

Day 28 Wednesday March 27
Miles we hiked: 0
Total miles: 416.3

We decided to stay at the Black Bear Resort to wait out the snow. It had snowed during the night.

It started as a cold dreary day. Bob took us into Hampton for a resupply and Subway sandwiches for lunch. It was a winding drive down the mountain.

I set a new record today. I ate a foot long sub all by myself and it was good!

The sun came out in the afternoon so the snow started to melt.

About mid afternoon the Wildlife Resources truck stopped along the road. The man opened the tank in the back of the truck and scooped out several nets full of large trout which he tossed into the creek.

We enjoyed watching this tufted titmouse working in a branch.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Lori said...

I bet you enjoyed every bite of the sandwich too!!

Post a Comment