Miles hiked:16 miles
Total miles: 31.8 miles
Number of hikers we saw: 11 and 1 dog
We started today at 8:36. It was a windy day but no rain or snow. There was some hoar frost on top of several of the mountains.

Sara and Lily met their first hiking dog friend Nemo at Woody Gap.

We climbed Blood Mountain and had a snack at the shelter there. It was a nice stone building built in 1934.

We met a nice young man from Athens, GA there who hiked down to Neels Gap with us.
We got our food box at Mountain Crossings. We have a lot of food! Don't know what we were thinking when we packed! We are camped in a small site behind the store and hostel here. It was another great day of hiking on the AT!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
3 comments:
Sounds like fun! In case you care, Jordy Johnson was found innocent after only 2.5 hours of deliberation.
Looks like you guys are doing so well. The doggies look very well behaved. I want to tell you again how happy I am to be a part of the hike. The first morning was very fun.
I've tried to add your Springer photo but I can't get it to work.
Go, kids, go. Love, Lucy
We live just down the road from there in Blairsville...but we are in balmy W Palm Beach right now! Stay safe!
BSP sister of Karen H.
Post a Comment