Day 4
Miles hiked: 15.6
Total miles: 58.6
Number of hikers we saw: 20
We started at 8:15 this morning from Low Gap Shelter. It had snowed during the night and was snowing when we left. It was an easy 5 miles for the first part of the trail. The sun came out which made it even better. After 9 miles at Unicoi Gap we said goodbye to our shelter mates. They were headed into town for a resupply.
We continued on, making 2 1000 foot climbs to the shelter at Trey Mountain. We met thru hiker Sonny here. Blazing a came in right after us and just as we were cleaning up dinner a couple from Watertown, WI. It was another great day on the AT.
Sorry no pictures today. We are in a 5 day stretch where I have to conserve battery power.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
3 comments:
I had no idea it snowed so much in Georgia, but it still sounds like fun. Hope you're staying warm and dry.
I ordered some AT maps so I can follow you guys better. Are the dogs charming everyone they meet? Lot of hikers today.
Yes, the dogs are a real hit! We have slept in 3 shelters so far. They sleep right between us. After they eat they are out for the night.
Post a Comment