
I'm back hiking on the AT. We started our thru hike in 2013. Because Lily got cracks in her pads we had to stop at the 501 shelter in PA.
Cousin Steve and Tess Koeppen hosted me last night. Tess fixed an awesome dinner to power me down the trail.
Steve drove me to the 501 shelter today and I hit the trail. It was a cloudy day which was great for hiking. There aren't leaves out on the trees yet.
I saw an Eastern towhee, a blue jay and an orange crowned sparrow. I also met a thru hiker, White Hawk and his friend Diesel. At the shelter where I'm staying I met Scruffs, Woodstock and their dog, Landshark.
Today I heard birds, trains, planes, a helicopter and tragic. I smelled a farm for a ways, dried leaves and fresh Spring rain that sprinkled me for about 15 minutes.
It was an awesome first day!!
Mikes hiked: 16.1
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment